How to download a Genially? Can I see my Genially offline?
If you’ve created something with Genially that you want to download, go to the Main Panel where you’ll find your geniallys, and pass your mouse over the one you want to download. Click on the icon in the upper right corner that has three vertically stacked dots, and choose the download option. Next you’ll see 3 options.
- Download as JPG: Ideal for having a file of each page of your genially.
- Download as PDF: Ideal if you want to print your creation or send it via email.
- Download as HTML5: Ideal for obtaining a file which maintains interactive and animated functions without internet connection.
With the first two options (download as JPG or PDF) all you have to do is click on the download button, and in seconds you’ll have the file available. Obviously, these versions will be flat, without interactivity or animation. With the third option (download as HTML), after you click download, this is what will happen:
- A .zip file will be saved on your device. Inside this file, you’ll find another file, genially.html.
- By decompressing the contents of the .zip file and opening the genially.html file, you’ll be able to see your genially (even without internet connection).
What makes this option different from the first two is that when you download as HTML, your content will preserve the interactivity and animation effects you’d given it. Keep in mind, however, that without internet connection you won’t be able to see external content which depends upon you being online like videos from youtube, social media, google maps, etc.
Here’s a short video where you can easily see the steps you’ll need to follow to download a genially as HTML:
Know that you can also download contents straight from the Editor, by clicking on the button on the upper right corner which says ‘Download’. The rest of the process is that same as the one written above.
*IMPORTANT: The option to download your creations is only available if you’ve acquired a Genially License.
I hope this information was helpful, and if you have any questions, write to us at email@example.com or via the tool’s chat, and we’ll help with whatever you need.