The new Genially has arrived
Without a doubt, 2018 is a year for changes at Genially. Good changes. At the beginning of the year, we released the new image of the tool, then later we released a new viewer and, now as nothing else would do, it’s the turn to renew the place where the magic occurs: our editor. So now we can say that the New Genially is here.
It’s been many months of hard work, but we’re sure it’s been worth it. The editor (in case there’s any questions) is where you create and shape your contents. Now, with the novelties we’ve incorporated, the first thing you’ll find when you access it is an explanation of the 8 main improvements. Also, if you want to learn more about any of these steps, you can just click on “learn more”, and you’ll be sent to an article in our Support Center.
Improvements to the new Genially editor
Now, creating online contents on our platform will be more intuitive and practical. Next, we’ll tell you about the main novelties we’ve come up with:
- Groups and multiselection: Now you can group elements of text, shapes, icons, illustrations, etc. and move them, change their color and shape, etc. and edit them at the same time.
- The MEDIA section is born (includes library, Pixabay, images, Giphy): Its goal is to make the process of integrating contents more comfortable. Improved order and optimization of resources with animated gifs, free domain images and new resources from Genially.
- Improvements to interactivity: Not only does it change places now that it’s on the right, but we’ve also included a new tooltip and window editor. Choose among buttons, markers, social media icons, or an invisible area. Some of these resources include their own animation. They take the place of old pins, but now you can change their color and size.
- A ton of new resources: The big addition in this section are the “scenes” with which you have an illustrated composition which you can use to represent different situations. The lines and arrows are also more flexible, varied, and easily edited.
- A stronger animation motor: Animation, like interactivity, will change its location to the right side. We’ve included new animation effects, animations, and indicators.
- New animated backgrounds: We’ve made our library of backgrounds bigger, including animated backgrounds, and we’ve organized them by filters: Illustration, Pattern, Texture, Gradient, Photograph and Animated.
And there you have it: some of the stand-out novelties you’ll find in the new editor of Genially. You’ll have to discover the rest for yourself 😉 We hope you like them and that they make it easier for you to create incredible digital contents.
Before we close, we want to thank everyone who has accompanied us on this adventure, those of you who take the time to write us your opinions. A special shout out to our ambassadors for their help. We’re so proud of them! Thanks to everyone because this new editor is the product of working on an awesome team.
And, as you know, if you have any questions you can leave them in the comments of this post, on Social Media, or as an email to firstname.lastname@example.org 😉